Saturday, October 10, 2015

Trip Report: Fall Is Here

 After some chores around the house I decided to do a little fishing near home. I tied up a few pink squirrel of preys and headed to the stream armed with my 5wt.
 This chunky brown took a squirrel and gave a few good leaps before coming to hand. He was spotty!
 This sparsely speckled trout took a size 18 black zebra midge. I watched him swim to the fly, inspect it, and munch it. I'm always amazed that fish eat the zebra midge. I tie tons of them for sale but rarely use them. I decided today that I'll be using them more in the future.
This trout was long and skinny. Measured against my net he was around 16 inches, the big boy of the day. He also took the zebra midge bounced along the bottom. I caught around a dozen fish today in about three hours. It was a slow day but the average size fish today was around 13-14 inches. The catch and release season closes October 15th so I hope to get out at least one more time before then. Then on to the State Park C&R season till January!

No comments:

Post a Comment