Monday, December 29, 2014

Cold Weather Tyin'

Got out of work a little early today and hit the vise hard.
These are sz 20 deer hair parachute trico/midge dry fly patterns. I've fished these during the trico hatches a few months ago and caught a fish on almost every drag free drift! I usually fished these in sz 24 but these should do the trick.
I've only ever tied bwo emergers in this pattern but these sz 20 flies are supposed to resemble a small trico emerger. The thread body creates a thin profile which seems more natural than the wooly flies sold at shops.
These pink squirrels of prey will catch fish. So will this hopper!

I hope to get out fishing by the end of the week if the weather cooperates but in the mean time I'll be tying up plenty of flies to last me through the summer and into next fall. Up next on the vise-midge emergers.

No comments:

Post a Comment