Saturday, July 14, 2018

Trip Report: Back to Wisconsin

Yesterday I went fishing in Wisconsin with Eric. He talked up some private land, family land, and eased sections of streams and was gracious enough to share them with me. We arrived in our fishy environs before 8am and immediately landed trout on the skittered mayfly emerger. With storms in the forecast and popping up throughout the day I stayed conscious of how far we strayed from the car and at one point we got back a minute or two before lightening and thunder enveloped the area.
We fished some of he most picturesque little streams in Wisconsin! After landing a bunch of fish (nothing large), spot hopping, sweating our asses off, and getting eaten by gnats Eric keyed me in on a sweet little stretch of private water that he'd gained permission to fish.
I had a great time but returned home more exhausted than I've been in a while. Today I planned to hit some streams and work on a few rods. Remember to check out Whitewater Valley Flies for flies and fly rods!

No comments:

Post a Comment