Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Trip Report: Minnesota State Park Year Round Season

I got out to fish before work this morning! The ground was covered with frost and the air was crisp. Upon arriving I rigged up a size 22 BWO emerger and made the short walk to the stream.
 These two and another few smaller browns came to hand by way of the BWO emerger. The fish came from a scum line which concentrated fish food with the efficiency of a conveyor belt. Because I was short on time I moved on without exhausting this spot. I'll be back! This stretch of stream is heavily pressured so I wasn't expecting too much.
This guy took the sunken BWO emerger from a fast run. After a short fight he was released to fight again another day. I had to get going after this fish but I'll be back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment