Sunday, June 28, 2015

Trip Report: Friday and Today

I got out fishin' Friday and Today!
On Friday I explored a creek that I've never fished and one that I regularly daydream about. After a short day of work I pointed my car in that direction of a daydream.
 I pulled in a few decent little brownies before heading to the other creek. As I'd never been to this creek I drove around a little to check out the stream. The easement section that I fished was near the headwaters and home to both browns and brookies as I learned.
 Both streams ran crystal clear and full of skittish fishes. On this day fish were fooled by the Pink Squirrel of Prey and the deer hair caddis, both flies in size 14. This creek fished pretty well and I'll probably return in spring when it'll be a little easier to get around.
 Today I got out for an hour or so after the rain fell and found a few decent browns! All fish came on the Pink Squirrel of Prey. After fishing I came home and tied flies all afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment