Monday, May 30, 2016

Redneck Bass Fishin'

Today the wife and I packed up the kayaks and went redneck bass fishin'. I only call it redneck because we both returned home with pretty bad sunburns on our necks, no disrespect to the bass fishers. After catching a little pike and spooking a few big bass I hooked into this beastly bluegill on a purple rubber worm. He measured in at 10 inches.
After catching a few bass in the 15-17 inch range I landed this 18 1/4 inch tank. He put up a great fight and as I leaned over to catch my first glance of him I noticed another, larger bass chasing him around.
This solid bass took the purple rubber worm but was no match for my $20.00 Fleet Farm special. Shortly after catching and releasing this fish I snapped off on one that must've been at least 20 inches!
By the end of our trip I landed around a dozen largemouth bass, the biggest bluegill in the lake, and the smallest pike in the lake. My wife tried her darnedest but couldn't shake the skunk.

4 comments:

  1. My wife nearly threw me out of the driftboat on our April trip to Montana when I was hookin' up and she wasn't. Glad you didn't get dumped! Or am I assuming too much? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stayed dry but only because she could distract herself with the pink, light up reel that I bought her last summer!

    ReplyDelete