Friday, April 7, 2017

Trip Report: Dry Fly Times

Dry fly times are upon us! I fished a solid midge hatch on Tuesday night at around 530-8pm. With cloudy skies I was able to catch almost every fish I spotted rising for around at 20 minute period when I first arrived. The Griffiths Gnat was the most effective pattern, although a size 14 Quill Bodied Mayfly emerger tricked a few.
Today I went out after work with a buddy and landed around 20 trout between the two of us. I noticed sporadic hatches of midges and three different mayflies. I landed a decent one on a San Juan Worm and a bunch of others on a Griffiths Gnat.
 I decided to bring the the pup today since we fished an area where it is permissable. I've been working with her over the last couple months to be off the leash yet still in control and she's doing really well.
She gets pretty excited to see fish coming in. Stay tuned: I'm going out all day tomorrow to a really neat local spot with another buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment