Sunday, May 7, 2017

Trip Report: Fishin' This Weekend, Finally

I got out fishing yesterday with my old man and this afternoon on my own. It felt great to get back on the water. Yesterday we fished a private stretch of water that we'd gotten permission to fish. Unfortunately the land owner had already given permission to another group in the morning so we fishing the afternoon and it definitely seemed like we fished behind someone.
Dad had a respectable showing, including this big sucker. We both got excited for a second but it's still cool to see decent fish caught on a fly rod!
I landed this solid brownie on my three weight. He came from a foot behind that look jam you can see on in the top left side of the photo. A few smaller trout came to hand as well.
 Today I headed to a new spot that I bumped into while hunting for mushrooms earlier last week. This spot is close to home and requires a beautiful walk through the woods to access the stream.
The drive was beautiful as well!
 After the walk I tied a size 18 WD40 behind a pink squirrel of prey and prodded the water. The problem is, the sun was bright and the water clear. I spooked a bunch of decent trout including at least two over 18".
This guy took the WD40 and put up a great fight on the three weight. I'd guess he was around 14". It felt great to get out fishin' this weekend and with the wife busy this week I plan to get out at least once!

No comments:

Post a Comment