Saturday, May 20, 2017

Trip Report: Gillies

Even though the areas been hit pretty hard by rain over the last week fishing has been alright! There's only one trout stream in the area that I know isn't blown out and I plan of fishing that tomorrow. Otherwise I've been hitting the Gillies!
The bigger fish put a great bend in the rod! Fish have been eager to take the San Juan Worm. Earlier in the week I found this bullgill along with three or four bigger ones and at least 50 smaller ones.
 The rain beat down pretty hard on the surface for the two hours I fishing this morning. My first two fish were chunky little perch. I hoped to tie into a few really nice ones but no dice.
This colored up gillie at the worm. I plan to continue fishing gillies and some bass soon, but tomorrow will be for the trout!

No comments:

Post a Comment