Saturday, July 29, 2017

Trip Report: Kayaking Fishing with Tim

Today my friend Tim and I kayak fished a local trout stream. We started off at around 9am and fished until around 6pm. Tim landed fish on a number of flies and I landed mine on the Pink Squirrel of Prey and Quill Bodied Mayfly dry/emerger.
We fished out of the Kayaks when we could but tried to get out and work the better pieces of water. Because we floated downstream I spent most of my time fishing down and across.
We didn't see many fish rising initially but hatch activity picked up as the day went on. 
As I floated downstream I noticed these clouds which look to me like a guy with a mullet! 
This decent rainbow was probably the biggest fish of the day. Tim took him on a nymph fished deep through some faster water. Fish seemed more oriented to faster, shaded water throughout the afternoon.
 We landed more brown trout than rainbows but the biggest fish we caught were bows.
This was my big fish of the day. He took a Pink Squirrel of Prey fished deep through faster water. I turned a number of decent fish today but focused much of the day on fishing the Mayfly Dry.
It was a great day to be out fishing. We must've landed at least 30 trout between the two of us with most between 10-12 inches. Can't wait to get out again!

No comments:

Post a Comment