Thursday, July 27, 2017

Trip Report: Some Fishin'

I got out a few times fishin' over the last two weeks. I'm not getting out as much as I'd like because I've been inundated by fly orders. Not a bad thing!
This has been the hot fly catching both fishermen and fish. It's a Quill Bodied Mayfly Dry/Emerger. It fishes well on the dead drift and swung just below the surface down and across. Check them out over at Whitewater Valley Flies
Finding clear water hasn't been easy lately but I've found fishable water even right after heavy rains. I've been using the 6 weight in hope of tying into something big but it's been a slow summer for me. I plan to get out kayak fishing this weekend and hopefully we'll see some bigguns!
 If anybody is interested in parachute flies I also tie this quill bodied trout treat. I can make these happen in sizes 18 and 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment