Monday, March 12, 2018

Trip Report: After Work Streamer Fishin'

The stream I chose after work ran clear and cold. With sunny skies and a little wind it may not have been an ideal streamer day but a few still managed to swim into my paws.
 After landing a few little guys like the ones above I focused on deeper water. Fish could see me from a mile away despite crawling along the stream. A few fish rose sporadically throughout my time on the stream (415pm-615pm) but not enough for me to re-rig.
 I'm glad I didn't re-rig! This guy came out from under a rock to smash the streamer. He fought hard but was no match for the WVF 9 foot 6 weight.
This guy sat in a deep trough and tugged the streamer as it skipped by along the bottom. Fish weren't overly aggressive today but were willing to take the big fly despite cold temps, sunny skies, and crystal clear water.

No comments:

Post a Comment