Sunday, June 24, 2018

Trip Report: Some Gillies

After a week of being on call I couldn't take it anymore, I had to go fishing! With spotty reception on most of the area's trout water I headed to Winona to chase Bull Gillies. I arrived at the lake around 1pm, tied on a size 18 ehc and had at 'em.
 This was the money fish! They were slurping bugs off the surface and I had consistent action from 1pm to around 230pm when I decided to call it a day. I did try a san juan worm which also worked well. I'd guess around 50 came to hand with a large handful of fish between 7-9 inches.
I have been tying up a storm over the last week and have a sweet 9ft 4weight that's just about ready for sale. Problem is I ran out of black thread and have to wait for a resupply in the mail:( Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment