Friday, December 19, 2014

Trip Report: Cold Day at a State Park

Today I was able to cut out of work pretty early so I went fishin'! The first hole that I encountered held some nice fish this summer so I figured I'd try a Pink Squirrel of Prey fished deep. It worked!
 He put up a lethargic fight but had enough power that I had to chase him downstream a little ways. After steering him in to the bank I hoisted him up for a quick pic and let him go. I hoped that the remainder of the day would be so good. I headed up stream to another likely spot and managed to catch a few little browns, including the one below.
These little guys fell for a size 24 stripped quill zebra midge emerger. I tied into two nicer fish while casting at a pod of risers but both managed to shake the tiny hook. Not sure if I'll get out fishing again before the new year but on January 1 a number of other streams open up for the winter season! I already have a number of spots in mind!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment