Sunday, December 14, 2014

Trip Report: Mild Temps, Mild Sucess

The morning started out damp and foggy but with temperatures at a comfortable 45 degrees. I posted up at the tail end of a deep pool and tossed my fly into the depths. The fish bit so lightly that I turned a few fish without hooking them while reaching back to execute my roll cast.
 These rainbows put up a spirited fight but not spirited enough! I hooked into two nice browns, one around 15 and one around 18 but they were able to put up a spirited enough fight and swam away without coming to hand. The bigger one knew exactly what to do. He gently pulled out drag as he calmly swam around a large submerged log.
Three browns came to hand today with this one being the largest. Most fish came on the pink squirrel of prey. The browns that got away and a few suckers fell for a red tungsten beaded zebra midge.
It was a productive couple hours of fishing but I can't call the cay a success without having laid net on either of those big browns!

2 comments:

  1. It was nice to meet you today. I'm looking forward to checking out the rest of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to meet you too Eddie. The better the weather the more frequently I'll update the blog!

      Delete