Saturday, September 5, 2015

Trip Report: First Day Fishin' With Pa

Last night I went fishing with the 'Ol Man at a local trout factory. He came over from Wisconsin for the weekend with my Ma and purchased a 24 hr fishing license. We hit the water by 5:30 and after a difficult hike began wetting lines around quarter after 6.
Dad is the little black dot just right of the center of the photo. We both rigged up with the pink squirrel of prey and began tossing our flies in deeper pools. Our goal was to dredge the bottom for hungry pre-spawn brown trout. After missing a few strikes including one of around 15 inches I tied into something hefty.
This beast came to hand after a challenging battle. He ran around the hole and along the rock wall pictured behind me. Then he ran directly into the weeds a few times. Finally, after he was sufficiently played out I skated him over the weeds to Pa waiting with the net. He scooped the trout and it was done. Today I fished with a 5 weight fly rod and 4x tippet which allowed for me to bring this fish to hand pretty fast. We continued upstream to find a few more smaller fish before calling it a night.
We decided to get up early on Saturday for "Second Day Fishin' with Pa!"
What a BEAST!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the beast. I am going to start a gofundme page to buy you a Twins hat though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I except the props but I will not except the hat! Brew Crew for life!!!

    ReplyDelete