Saturday, February 24, 2018

Trip Report: A Quick Hour

Despite having work obligations I sneaked out to a nearby stream that's within cell reception for a quick hour. I arrived on stream at 230pm and fished until 330pm. Temps hovered around 30 degrees and skies were cloudy. Upon arrival winds were calm but quickly picked up to a chilling breeze. Snow and sleet fell throughout my hour of fishing and conveniently ceased as soon as I hopped back into the car.
This was the big fish of the day, about 12 inches. He took the orange scud so lightly that the indicator only ticked to indicate his presence. After a brief fight on the three weight he came to hand.
After catching six fish above this spring seepage I fished a decent little pool downstream.
 Fish continued to take the orange scud readily. After landing another half dozen I decided to call it quits. On my last cast I pulled in a tiny brookie! It's nice to see them hanging on in this watershed.

No comments:

Post a Comment