Sunday, February 18, 2018

Trip Report: Skunkin'

A friend of mine recently acquired a 10 foot two man fishing raft. He's been dying to get it on the water and I must admit I was stoked to see this thing in action. Today was the first day we both had free so despite high winds we gave 'er a go. We fished from around 1030am to 5pm, although we took a solid lunch break and spent some time just bullshitting and paddling down the river.
The boat came from a guy out in Utah, Dave Scadden, who puts together some neat fishing pontoons and rafts. We had no issues after a little getting used to paddling in current and strong winds. The winds definitely sucked.
 We had a great time but landed nothin'. We switched off on the sticks and cast streamers on my buddies 8wt. I and one fish come up and nip at it but I set the hook prematurely and missed it. We spotted a bunch of carp and/or suckers but very few game fish. Can't wait for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment