Saturday, August 4, 2018

Trip Report: Fishin' So Far + New Rod

 I've fished a few times this weekend. Last night I went out with Deaner to chase trout in the evening. We each landed a few (he more than I). We hadn't fished together for a while it was nice to catch up. Here he is casting a loop toward some finicky fish.
I met up with a friend to fish early this morning. We hit the stream by 730ish and fished till noon. We changed flies consistently and pulled 'em in on streamers, nymphs, midges, and princes among others. We fished one at a time switching between fish or periods of a few minutes without fish. John wasn't used to fishing the tighter water of the stream we fished today and spent a lot of time in the weeds. When he did land the fly in the water he did quite well!
After landing a few good browns and missing his fare share of strikes (the strikes on this stretch of water are subtle) John landed this decent little brownie. It wasn't long before he found brookies.
His hands are big. We measured these against the grip of my rod and they measured approximately 10-12 inches. We rolled some good fish but couldn't close the deal. Fishing one at a time worked pretty well, and by the time we left we landed over 2 dozen between us.



 
 This one was fun to build. I'll be sad to see it go when the owner comes to get 'er. This was built on an H&H Ftx blank and other components came from Proof Fly Fishing. I have a few more rods to work on coming up but hit me up if interested in a build.
 Get 'em while they're hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment