Thursday, August 9, 2018

Trip Report(s)-Been Fishin'

While I haven't gotten out for long periods at a time I took a few hours here and there over the last couple days and chased browns, bows, and brookies. Streams have been crystal clear and fishing decent, although a little stain would be nice.
 On a sunny day I chased stocker bows on a new piece of habitat improved water. It was a great day of fishing and between bows I hooked into a few little brownies. On the way home I hit a tiny little stream and it went well.
 This little crick didn't fish great but a few came to hand here and there. I hit a piece of unimproved water on a little closer to home and again landed a few.
 Fish ate San Juan worms and zebra midges readily. When fish rose within range they responded well to a size 18 quill bodied mayfly emerger. That evening I chased trout with Jon again. After giving him a ton of shit about hanging up in the trees and missing strikes he went and landed a nice rainbow!
 We encountered plenty of rising fish as the rain started to fall and after landing a few between us decided to call it a day. On Tuesday afternoon I headed out for an hour or so and chased brookies.
I was rewarded with a few little buggers. Brookies and browns are just starting to don their spawning shades and it won't be long before the bigguns come out to play! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment