Sunday, January 10, 2016

Still Tying Away!

 I fished briefly on Friday afternoon but with temps dropping sub zero (and not looking to rise to the mid 20's any time soon) I have been and will continue to tie tons of flies!
 Today I tied up a bunch of these Cinnamon Stimulator dry flies. I used these a ton while living in Montana but no so much since moving to Minnesota. I hope to rediscover this pattern next summer into early fall.
 This fly is called the rubber legged Stimulator. I call my variant the Red Ass Stim-U-Hopper. I fished a similar pattern last fall with decent success. I plan to use these to entice small stream brookies into my net.
 
 I tied up 50 of each of color of these Matt's Midge flies. This is another pattern I haven't used in a few years but when I fished 'em in the past they produced very well. I hope to fish these as soon as I can get on a stream with a good midge hatch!

Stay tuned: These flies and many more will be available for purchase on a site that I have in the works!

2 comments:

  1. What size hook do you tie the cinnamon stimulator flies on? It looks very similar to other patterns that work well up here and I'd like to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's tied on a size 14 hopper hook.

    ReplyDelete