Friday, March 6, 2015

Some Productive Days on the Vise

The title says it all, but I added pictures to further illustrate the point.
 I've never really used ants but I hear they work good. The only time I saw flying ants on the stream they looked like these.
 The fly on the left is a gray Extended Body Mayfly. The one on the right is the same pattern but smaller (sz 20) and black. I call this one the Extended Body Trico.
I've never used the Pheasant Tail fly much but these sz 18's should do the trick. I hate tying these things but by the end they started looking pretty good. By the end of spring I hope to have a bunch tied the same size but without a bead head.
I've tied a load of these Sz 18 Stripped Quill Zebra Midge Emergers on a Sz 24 curved Caddis hook. For the last month pretty much any time I've cast to a rising fish and gotten a good drift I've been able to hook 'em on these.
 This Purple Hazey-Ish dry fly should do the trick throughout the summer when the fish are rising to nothing specific. I know, a lot of tying lately but with temps forecast to hit 40 tomorrow and Sunday I'm gonna go fishing!

PS if anyone would like a How-To on any of these patterns just lemme know.

No comments:

Post a Comment