Friday, September 1, 2017

Trip Report: Rockin the Stay-cation.

I continued my time off work chasing fish yesterday on a stream 20 miles from home. I planned to fish a decent stretch of stream before mowing the lawn but with cars parked at the access point I opted for a spot I've never fishing downstream of my desired put in.
This stretch of stream had a lot of heavy stream improvement work done with lots of undercuts, solid rock banks, rocks, woody debris, and matted weeds. This type of stream improvement is really good for fish populations but can be difficult to fish. I can't complain though, I saw a ton of fish!
I only landed a dozen or so after fishing for about 2 1/2 hrs. Fish all ate the Pink Squirrel of Prey although a few nipped at a big ol foam hopper. Skies were sunny and waters were clear which made for difficult fishing conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment