Friday, May 1, 2015

Trip Report: Crowded Streams

I cut out of work early this afternoon and headed directly to a crowded located between work and home for some trout hunting. Clouds built through the afternoon and temps hovered in the high 60's.  Showers fell on and off throughout my trip. As I neared my intended destination a spot off the road caught my eye and I pulled off to begin fishing. The water was pretty clear but the deepest pools had a nice green color to them. In the first pool I immediately hooked into a decent fish!
This guy took a pink squirrel of prey and held strong in the current for a quick minute before coming to hand. After catching this guy I landed a few 8-12 inchers before moving on to the next pool. 
This decent fella came from a deep run and put up a great fight before floating into my net. After a few pics I let him free. A good number more average sized browns came to hand by the end of 3 hrs of fishing. I managed to roll a few nice browns and a nice bow but the hook didn't stick. Undergrowth is coming in pretty good and before long it will be a pain to hike way back in to some less pressured waters but until then...
 stay tuned: I hope to get out fishing more soon but we have some much needed rain on the way and I don't have much time over the next week:(

No comments:

Post a Comment