Saturday, May 2, 2015

Trip Report: Fishin' With The Father

The 'Ol Man and I got out for a short fishing trip this afternoon on a heavily pressured stream close to home. I expected to find some caddis coming off the surface of the water and found some fish surfacing. We rigged up with nymph rigs and began targeting deeper pools.
After turning a few nice trout but not landing 'em I hooked into this guy in a deeper run. He put up a great fight before coming to net. After hooking into this guy Pops got in on the fun!
He pulled a 12 or 13 inch brown after missing a few (probably monsters!) We plied the waters for a little longer in this area before I hooked into this guy.
He sucked down a Gray sz 12 Deer Hair Caddis with vigor. I caught another 3 or 4 on the caddis dry. I really enjoyed getting out fishing with Pa and hopefully we can fish together again soon. The first fish that I turned will keep my mind occupied for the next few days but I will return to this section of stream soon and I will catch that fish!
Stay tuned: I've got some gardening to do tomorrow and there are afternoon storms in the forecast but if those storms don't materialize I may chase a few trout.

No comments:

Post a Comment