Sunday, May 3, 2015

Trip Report: Quick Afternoon

After saying goodbye to the parents and tilling and planting the garden I headed to a spot just downstream of where we fished yesterday.
This pic is looking back to where I came from. I only fished for a little bit and didn't work too hard as my back and arms were sore from tilling and planting. When I arrived on stream skies were sunny with temperatures in the low 80's. I wet waded with no problem..
This guy put up a great fight. During his first run I thought I hooked into a really big fish! I only managed three fish today but it was great to get out. Also if your out there bushwackin' be sure to check yourself for ticks. I found 3 on me today and 2 yesterday.
Clouds built as I drove out of the valley and thunderstorm warnings were being transmitted by NPR for locations north of here. Earlier tonight we got rained on good and hard so bigger streams will be running a little higher and slightly off color tomorrow. Tuesday could be ideal conditions on the stream and I have a brookie spot in mind if it's not raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment