Monday, August 4, 2014

Trip Report: Quick Fish

This is not where I fished today! This is the typical spot I look for this time of year. It is a cow pasture with a public easement that allows for fishing on otherwise private property. The pasture sections are good this time of year because one doesn't have to crawl through brush and weeds to catch some fish. I found a spot similar to this after a short drive this morning.
 I tried to catch some fish on dry flies but these fish were easily spooked. This spot is probably pretty popular on the weekends. After a half hour or so of not catching any I switched to a small pink bird of prey nymph. That was the ticket!
These two browns were the biggest of the day. I did hook into on really nice on but he pulled my between two rocks and snapped the line. After being out for only a short time I heard a loud rumble of thunder and decided to retire.

No comments:

Post a Comment