Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Trip Report: Rainbows and Browns

 Today I fished a spot known for its rainbows and browns! I arrived at the stream at 3:30 after checking a few spots that looked less than promising. There was some habitat improvement work going on upstream from my access point so the water was off colored. I walked a ways until I found cleaner water and fish rising. I put on a new emerger pattern I've been working on and tied into a few rainbows. After they quit rising I switched to the pink squirrel of prey and continued catching a mixed bag of rainbows and browns.
This brown came from a natural undercut bank in a farm pasture. With an audience of cows I continued pulling in fish. I wanted to fish another stretch of the stream but it would have required wading in the stream. I had business in Rochester today and forgot to pack my wading shoes! I walked the pasture in my fancy black leather shoes. I was definitely the best dressed fisherman on the Minnesota driftless streams today.

Stay Tuned: I hope to get out for some more fishing but as it sits now the forecast calls for five days of thunderstorms and a few inches of rain...

No comments:

Post a Comment