Monday, August 11, 2014

Trip Report: New Net

While I was fishing on Saturday morning I found a net. I was going to leave it at the bridge where I accessed the stream but decided to keep it believing that someone other that the rightful owner would take it so...finders keepers! I got out briefly this morning at a new spot close to home. The forecast called for storms but I found only cloudy skies and hungry brown trout.
 These two browns broke in my new net. I fished a beautiful pasture section surrounded by steep bluffs, focusing mostly on runs as the riffles and pools did not appear to hold many fish. Some trout fed on the surface but would not touch any of my offerings so I stuck with subsurface patterns.
This big fella came from a deep run that ran alongside a big log. He put up a good fight but was no match for the net! Although I didn't get to fish for long today it was nice to find another spot within 15 minutes from home. Stay tuned: I hope to get out tomorrow to search for some more chunky browns and maybe a brookie or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment